Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bellies and Runny Noses

So, I had a blog before from another e-mail account...and just started this one on my NEW email account. I think this may be MUCH different as my life has changed drastically. It has been a while since I blogged, and I figured I wanted to keep some people up to date on what I'm doing with my life.

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and (YES) still wearing my pre-preggo jeans. Not that that should matter...? I wasn't looking all that pregnant until about 2 weeks ago and wham! People at stores are asking if I need help out to my car, and I'm getting the stare. Yep, you know what I'm talking about. People look at me, then do a (discreet) double take and look at my belly. I am not huge by any means, but it's funny how people take a second look at pregnant women. Either they need to double check, or they hate/love pregnant bellies. It is amusing and I flaunt it with the utmost confidence. I can't say I was doing so before because, well, I just felt pudgy. I was hanging over my pants and looked more pudgy than preggo, so this new bump is a good thing. ;-)

I have gained a bunch of weight, and I am sticking to the fact that I was weighing in pretty low right when I found out I had a bun in there. Training for a marathon had caused me to drop weight...but I stopped with that training immediately only because I am young and have many years to do other races. I am not at the gym every day now...more like 4-5 days a week. My pace has slowed down immensely. It makes me realize how pumped I'll be to get BACK in shape after baby (HE) is born. Extra weight makes it SO much harder and that is something I've never thought about. Running a 9 min mile last night was TOUGH. Yikes.

I came down with another nasty cold, contracted from our friends' 9 month old. I just got over one a month ago, so this is not fun. I can't breath nor sleep...therefore, very cranky (granted...I am cranky frequently now...darn pregnancy!).

However, aside from being a little sick and feeling a little anxious about all this new stuff, all is well :-) I have plenty to be happy about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels