Friday, June 26, 2009

A Rainy Afternoon Here!

Well, at least for a little while. It is monsoon season here, so that means our afternoons are usually plagued by thunderstorms that come and go. Today we got a good one! It is POURING! And I love it.

I got up super early this morning, and researched some jewelry sites and magazines to find where I can submit pictures of my work. I then sat down for a good two hours to work on a new necklace and pair of earrings. The lighting wasn't so great, but I attempted to take some photos as well. It really sucks because my house just doesn't have the greatest light pouring in...my windows must not face the right direction. It's frustrating! So, I do the best I can. I never knew I'd become a photographer, too! I'm so multi-talented. Anyway, here are a couple of the pics!
I love Etsy and all, however I am looking for other venues to showcase my work - hence looking to submit it to different magazines. Why not? It's really hard to get publicity because the jewelry niche is such a HUGE one. We all get lost in it! That doesn't mean that someone's work is poor, it's just harder to find them. I think we all work very hard at our craft/art! We must all remember that we love to do it, rather than let it become a burden. I know sometimes I get sucked into "working it" online, when really I should be at my desk working on new designs.

Also, as of late I have been on a major budget when it comes to supplies. I REALLY want some jewelry displays, though. So, I found some fun DIY ways. I'm sure we've all researched this, but my favorites include this cabinet display, and this easy necklace holder. I already made one out of mesh, where I hang my earrings. I am going to frame it with an old wedding frame we have left over because it's pretty!

I just got a call that my dogs escaped the yard during the thunder/rain. They are such babies! And such a nuisance...ugh. Gotta go pick them up at the neighbor's. Have a wonderful wknd! Signing off for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels