Saturday, October 24, 2009

Time to Simplify Life


Cafes line the streets in Copenhagen...that's right up my alley.




Copenhagen, Denmark



Denmark is pretty trendy - my friend dresses like this in the States, and sometimes turns some heads in confusion.


I am on a happy kick, aren't I? I swear, I will get back to posting my newest jewelry tomorrow, but I have a busy day today before we go to a football game. Sooo, I was watching Oprah today, a re-run (that I am able to record with DirectTv, LOVE it!), and she was talking about different places around the world. What really drew me in was her trip to Copenhagen, where the "happiest people on earth live" statistically. Now, I don't know if you all like Oprah or not, and I do think that she is on a little bit of a power trip, but I watch her nonetheless.

So, Denmark is a happy place. Health care and school are paid for, students are paid to go to University, women get 6 months to a year of maternity leave. People are out of work between 4 and 5 to have family time because that is of great importance to them. If you lose your job the government helps you find another one. Hmmm. Sounds like the opposite of America. No wonder they're all happy!

I think a lot of places in Europe are happy. It used to be that the States were the place to be, but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore. I have a friend who is Danish, and she travels to Denmark frequently. No wonder she is pretty happy, loves coffee, and enjoys her studies (currently looking to be a nurse). They simplify life over there - less things, less space, more LIFE!

Do you guys agree that "over there" seems like a great place to reside? Or do you think it's ludacris that they don't pay for school, healthcare, etc? It sounds appealing to me.

3 comments:

  1. i should appreciate our danish friend more. i miss her alot too. damn i miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds great over there. My friend Liz mentioned wanting to move there once! LOL I am wondering if US is all its cracked up to be myself!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels