Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday is for relaxing, and long runs? Uhhh...




Hey all. So, this is a nice Sunday morning. Had the usual wake-ups last night what with Logan rolling onto his belly and getting stuck, and then needing to eat around 2:30am...then Mike's alarm blairing at 5am and waking ALL of us up. He's really got to figure something else out...or at least turn that thing down. So, Mike got up and went for a 20 mile run and I am just hanging out here! It's cold out there; he must be miserable! AAAND it even snowed a little bit last night, yeyyy! Love it.

I started some Christmas decorating already, but I don't think it's too early because it will be here before we know it! We have a busy December: a trip to Tucson, a trip to Vegas, and a trip back east for the holidays. AGGH. So much. Maybe I can finagle my way out of one of them? I wanted to be rested and relaxed for the trip home but that might not happen...oh well. Tucson is the 1/2 marathon for me and marathon for Mike. I'm really dragging in my training. It's just so boring to run for longer than an hour by yourself, ya know? I could do speed work any day as it is variable and quicker than a long run...those long runs kill me with boredom...which is why I have been slacking on them. I really need to get a few more of them in before the race. The thing is, I know I can run the 13.1 just fine. And not at a bad pace either. At this point, though, I am not in good enough shape to get anywhere near my PR (1:47), so even if I really push it in my training I will only take off a couple seconds, maybe. Basically, I am just doing this to get in shape and finish the race etc etc. I don't have the base down to run much faster. Maybe in the spring I'll be ready to try and close in on that PR. We'll see.


New necklace above is at my shop. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34536938 (something is wrong with my link thing? Hmm I don't know.)

Have a great Sunday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels