Sunday, June 3, 2012

Coming back to life...

So, the reason I have been MIA, is because I just went through a pretty ridiculous divorce. In fact, it was JUST finalized about 2 weeks ago...and there are still many problems that will likely take years to iron out.

There's no need to go into great detail, plus I don't feel like talking much about it since that has been all I've been talking about for a long time now. Long story short, I left someone that was emotionally, verbally, and sexually abusive. I'm not embarassed to admit these things, because I'm proud of myself for finally putting myself first and removing myself from a poisonous environment. It was also the best thing I could do for my two beautiful boys. Yes, they still see their father, but at least I will be able to parent them the way I know I can. No more being berated and degraded on a daily basis. No more control. I am crawling out of the huge hole of depression that I had fallen into.

I'm closing that chapter of my life and starting a new one where I can make my own decisions, do what I love, and raise my boys happily.

~~~~~~~


Speaking of doing what I love, here are some pics from the last 5k I did! Also, Logan (my almost 3 year old), did his first race the same day! (The Tot Trot)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels