Friday, July 6, 2012

Take control of your health; your life! The Primal Blueprint.

At work, many of the people I see are grossly overweight, injured (or injury-prone), stressed out, and unhappy in their little worlds. They claim they want to lose weight, or just feel better in general. They want to work on making an overall lifestyle change and then maintaining it...but then they walk right out my office door and forget all about these "goals" they speak of.

What has become of our population? I don't quite understand how people can be so uneducated about what they should be putting in their bodies, and how they should be moving, to stay in optimal health. Obviously, it is mostly due to the fad diets and conventional wisdom surrounding what a "healthy lifestyle" is. People don't know how to get what they want, and most importantly, don't care about how to actually do it. They want someone else to do it for them (personal trainers, nutritionists, doctors i.e. weight-loss surgeries/plastic surgeries, pills, fads, etc.).

In my spare time (ha! did I really just type that?), I've been reading Mark Sisson's The Primal Blueprint. I'm not reading this because I am interested in the latest fads of weight-loss/health, and actually, his book is completely anti-dieting. The fact that there should be no such thing as dieting is old news to me, and hopefully to you as well. I'm enjoying reading what he has to say, because he expounds upon how you can live the life you want. It's quite simple, actually. His book tells you how to take control of your life, your meals, your body. I recommend that everyone reads this, no matter what your qualms are. Even if you think you have your health down to a science, please, read the book. Also check out his blog, there is tons of information, and hundreds of comments made by people like you. 
Mark Sisson 5
Here's to being more like GROK!

Picture4 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels